Map of the Week: the Saddest Town in America
|January 5, 2012||Posted by ReubenFB under Map of the Week|
Update 1/16/2012: Turner responds.
The website for Turner, Montana does not include this particular factoid, but here are some highlights:
- Turner hosts an annual car show, apparently.
- “Housing several businesses, the town offers a wide range of products and services.”
- Turner Public School has 14 enrolled high school students.
- Turner’s website is run by a non-profit inexplicably called the “Big Flat Community Grain Bin.”
- This non-profit was founded to “work to offset declining populations and funds within our community and school.”
- Turner is actually more depressing than I thought it would be when I started writing this.
Stay tuned for a more upbeat “Map of the Week” next week, and if you want to donate to Big Flat Community Grain Bin please click here.